School’s almost out for the summer! It has been a difficult year for school-aged kids, especially here in Ontario where the second half of the year has been mostly online learning. I think we are all looking forward to summer break and hopefully they will be able to return to the classroom in September. Our teachers have done a fabulous job keeping my kids engaged and learning during this challenging year. If you feel the same and are looking for a way to thank them, here are 10 creative, last-minute teacher thank you gift ideas they are sure to appreciate.
1. WINE: Sip Sip Hooray It’s Summer Vacay! Invite your child’s teacher to “sip” back and relax in the sun this summer with our printable beach-themed wine bottle gift tags. After such a challenging year this is definitely our most popular gift!
2. SPA: Pamper your teachers with a gift card to a local spa, or gift them your favourite brand/colour of nail polish and other DIY manicure/pedicure essentials.
3. PIZZA: We have been eating a lot of take-out these last few months and pizza is one of our faves! Our pizza gift card holders are a fun way to show your appreciation and treat your teachers to a night off from cooking.
4. PLANTS: Not everyone is great with plants, but if your teacher has a green-thumb they are sure to appreciate a gift card to a local garden center or a beautiful plant, hanging basket or potted herbs to brighten up their home.
5. FRESH PRODUCE: Support your local farms with a gift card for fresh produce on one of our traditional apple-themed gift card holders or opt for a quart of strawberries with a berry sweet thank you tag as a delicious alternative.
6. SWEET TREATS: Thank your child’s teacher for a sweet year by treating them to some sweet frozen treats with a gift card to Dairy Queen or a local ice cream shop. Attach the gift tags to some fresh-baked sweet treats from your favourite bakery.
7. BOOKS: Any book lovers would be thrilled to receive a gift card to a local or online bookstore so they can pick out a new summer read.
8. POPCORN: Popcorn and movie nights are a great theme idea for a gift, something that the whole family can enjoy. Attach our popcorn gift tags to bags of microwave popcorn. These make a fun gift for teachers to give to their students as well.
9. DONUTS: Our donut thank you cards and tags are perfect for donut and coffee lovers alike. Attach a gift card to your favourite coffee shop, or treat teachers to a box of specialty donuts!
10. S'MORES: Give the gift of s’mores (chocolates, marshmallows and graham crackers) for a teacher who loves the outdoors and/or camping.