I have played and planned many bridal shower games over the past few years and these are my top 10. They are sure to impress even the hardest to please guests and the best part is they are quick and easy to prepare. To make it even easier I have some of these games available to download in my Etsy shop. All of my bridal shower game packages come with five game cards ready to print at home and have matching invitations as well.
1. He Said She Said. This is a fun way for guests to get to know the bride and groom a little better. Before the party ask the bride and groom an assortment of questions about their relationship. Hand out game cards (tea party theme available here) containing various quotes and have guests decide who said what, the bride or the groom. Once everyone has filled out the cards, read the answers aloud and the person with the most right wins.
2. Tie the Knot Jenga. This is a game of classic Jenga with a twist, perfect for a couples shower. Couples compete against other couples while playing with their hands tied together. Each winning couple goes on to play the next until there is one winner.
3. How well do you know the Bride? This is a fun game to see how well your guests know the bride. Everyone will answer questions related to the bride (eg. When is her birthday? What was her first pet?). Once everyone has completed their card (available here) have the bride provide the answers. The person with the most correct wins.
4. The Newlywed Game. This one is always entertaining and offers a nice way to include the groom as well as put the bride in the hot seat. Before the party, ask the groom a variety of questions about the bride and record his answers. You can write down the answers or record a phone or video conversation to be replayed at the party. The bride will then have to guess how the groom answered for each question. Guests can get involved by guessing how many correct answers she'll get.
5. Find the Guest. This is a great ice breaker that will get everyone talking. Give each guest a game card (available here) with questions that can only be answered by mingling with the other guests. An alternative to this is to give everyone a name card or label that is part of a famous pair (eg. one label is "peanut butter" and the matching one is "jelly"). You have to walk around the room to find your partner.
6. Clothespin Game. This is a popular one that gets played throughout the party. As guests arrive give them three clothespins (rings or bracelets are popular choices as well) and tell them a forbidden word such as "Wedding". Anytime a guest says the forbidden word another guest can call them out and steal their clothespin. The guest who collects the most wins.
7. Bridal Shower Bingo. This game is a great way to let everyone become involved with the gift opening. Give each guest a blank Bingo card (bee theme available here) and have them fill in each square with a gift they think the bride will receive. As the bride opens each gift guests mark off the corresponding items on their cards. The first person to complete a line yells "Bingo!" to win.
8. Bridal Timeline. Your guests will enjoy seeing childhood photos of the bride and/or groom. Arrange a board with 12 childhood photos of the bride and number each one. On a slip of paper have guests guess the chronological order of the photos. The person who gets the most right wins.
9. What's in Your Purse? Satisfy your curiosity with this entertaining bridal shower game. You're sure to be surprised at what your guests carry with them! Give each person a game card (available here) and a pen or pencil. Then have them go through their purse and mark each item they have on their list. The more unusual the items, the higher the score. The person with the highest score wins.